- Status: Full time, 38 hours per week
- Business unit: RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme
- Reports to: Manager - RSPCA Approved
- Location: Deakin Office, Canberra
As Australia’s leading farm animal welfare certification program, the RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme’s mission is to improve the lives of as many farm animals as possible, today. The Scheme includes the RSPCA Australia Certification Body which is responsible for assessment and certification activities of Scheme participants.
The Information Management Coordinator will report to the Manager – RSPCA Approved and provide high-level administrative assistance to support the Scheme to achieve its strategic priorities.
The role will work closely with the Manager – RSPCA Approved and the Manager – RSPCA Certification Body to;
- Provide high level administrative support of Scheme and Certification Body activities;
- Provide the full suite of secretarial functions to internal committees including scheduling, preparation of meeting papers, minute-taking, and reporting of outcomes;
- Analyse and present Scheme and Certification data;
- Develop documentation that supports the Scheme and Certification Body’s continuous improvement of quality processes and maintain the document registry;
- Participate and contribute to the ongoing review and development of the Scheme and Certification Body processes and policies.
Key responsibilities of the Information Management Coordinator include:
- High level administrative support for Manager – RSPCA Approved and Manager – Certification Body.
- Secretary to internal committees including Project Steering Committee, Scheme Committee and Conformance Working Groups.
- As required, liaise with, and provide information to, relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysis and presentation of Scheme and Certification Body data.
- Assist with the development and implementation of systems and processes for the management and operation of the Scheme and the Certification Body.
- Maintain the Certification Body document management system and assist in the development of documents that support continuous improvement and quality management processes.
- Contribute to the delivery of Scheme- and Certification Body- related projects through effective liaison with the Scheme and Certification Body.
- Undertake additional duties to meet operational requirements as requested by the Manager – RSPCA Approved.
Key stakeholders of the Information Management Coordinator include:
- Internal – Certification Body, Communications team, Science & Policy Officers and member Societies.
- External - Approved Farming Scheme Licensees and Producers, food industry, government departments, contractors, and agencies.
It is expected that all RSPCA Australia employees will:
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture by embracing and aligning with RSPCA Australia’s Code of Conduct Policy.
- Have a sincere commitment to animal welfare.
- Understand and work in accordance with RSPCA Australia’s Policies and Procedures.
In accordance with RSPCA Australia’s WHS Policy, while at work, as a Worker, you must:
- take reasonable care for your own health and safety;
- take reasonable care that your actions or inactions does not adversely affect the health and safety of others;
- report any work health and safety concerns in accordance with clause 8.1 of the WHS Policy; and
- comply with any reasonable instruction that is given by an Officer or manager of RSPCA Australia to allow RSPCA Australia to comply with the WHS Act, including by complying with this Policy.
Workers are encouraged to:
- ask questions;
- raise work health and safety concerns;
- make work health and safety recommendations;
- give regular input and feedback to the WHS Committee or the Officers;
- become involved in evaluation of safety issues by discussing any concerns openly with RSPCA Australia, the Officers, and any WHS Committee; and
- be a part of the problem solving process
- Tertiary qualification and/ or demonstrated experience in business administration, executive administration, internal communications or related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, and ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- High-level IT skills including CRM databases, Microsoft Office, as well as Information Leader being desirable.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- An interest in animal welfare.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Tertiary qualification in business administration, executive administration, internal communications or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Management and analysis of large datasets in Excel is essential to be successful in this role. Database management experience, particularly using Information Leader is desirable.
- Previous roles may have included Systems, Internal Communications, Records Management, and Information Management from a junior to senior role.
- Interstate travel may be required on occasion, including overnight stays.
- Current Class C driver’s licence.
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Confidential – Information Management Coordinator' in the subject line.
Your application must include the following:
- A covering letter of application.
- Telephone number(s) for contact purposes.
- Resume including contact details of at least two referees. Referees can be from paid or work experience; the referee should be able to comment on your work-related attributes.
- Your claims against the Selection Criteria.
- Applications with 'Confidential – Information Management Coordinator' in the subject line can be submitted via email.
It's important that our successful candidate cares deeply about the RSPCA and our work, and that you're flexible, adaptable, resilient, and able to work hard and achieve results under your own initiative – so we'll be looking to see this demonstrated in your responses.
Applications that do not address these requirements may not be considered for the position.
Applications close on 6th August 2021, 5:00pm.
- Position Description - Information Management Coordinator (PDF 546KB)
- Information Pack - Information Management Coordinator (PDF 274KB)