To prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
To be the leading authority in animal care and protection.
The objectives of the RSPCA in Australia are:
- To prevent cruelty to animals by ensuring the enforcement of existing laws at federal and state level.
- To procure the passage of such amending or new legislation as is necessary for the protection of animals.
- To develop and promote policies for the humane treatment of animals that reflect contemporary values and scientific knowledge.
- To educate the community with regard to the humane treatment of animals.
- To engage with relevant stakeholders to improve animal welfare.
- To sustain an intelligent public opinion regarding animal welfare.
- To operate facilities for the care and protection of animals.
These objectives are supported by a federation of member Societies known as RSPCA Australia, a National Council and administration.